Intermodal Transit Facility: Hillsboro, Ore.
Photo Credit: City of Hillsboro
The Hillsboro Intermodal Transit Facility (HITF), located in the city’s Health and Education District, brings together several elements of sustainable design and multimodal transportation for the residents and professionals of Hillsboro, Oregon.
It demonstrates a long-term vision for sustainable transportation in the city's downtown core, and is the result of a successful partnership between the City of Hillsboro, Tuality Healthcare and Pacific University.
The facility includes:
• Permeable concrete alley-way
• Bioswale that treats 100% of facility stormwater
• 13 electric vehicle charging stations
• LED interior lighting
• The State of Oregon’s first Bikestation facility, a secure facility for 40 bicycles, showers, lockers, and tool bench
• 60kW solar array that provides nearly 100% of the facility daytime energy requirement.
For More Information:
Peter C. Brandom
Project Manager II--Sustainability, City of Hillsboro
The ability or potential of a physical body to do work. The most common forms of energy are heat, light, mechanical (moving parts), and electrical.