- Leading from the Middle: How Illinois Communities Unleashed Renewable Energy
- Powering the New Energy Future From the Ground Up: Profiles in City Led Energy Innovation
- Co-Benefits Risk Assessment Screening Model
- Municipal Clean Energy Toolkit
- Expanding Wind Energy in Your Community
- Landfill Gas Energy: A Guide to Developing & Implementing Greenhouse Gas Reduction Programs
- Solar Energy for County Facilities
- Solar Beaverton: Beaverton, OR
ICLEI-USA's Municipal Clean Energy Toolkit is a step-by-step guide to evaluating clean energy alternatives for your community. Select a clean energy resource or a topic of interest (policy, incentives, procurement, etc.) and follow the guide to learn more.
With a wealth of resources and expertise available, assessing the clean energy options that are appropriate for a community has never been easier. It is important to define the purpose of an assessment (municipal buildings, adoption by residents, recruitment of clean energy businesses, etc.) and fully engage the range of stakeholders that might be affected by increasing clean energy in a community.
Assessing the most appropriate clean energy alternatives can ensure that your community achieves the maximum benefit of clean energy options at the lowest possible cost. It can also serve as an educational opportunity that will later increase the adoption of these technologies by a variety of consumers.